Power to the Playful: Play Conference 16th May
Eureka loves play. Seriously, they are HUGE fans.
Join them for a day celebrating play! They’ll be exploring the pivotal role that play and happiness has in child (and grown up) development with eminent academics, practitioners and thinkers, all here at Eureka! The National Children’s Museum – where they’ve been busy playing since 1992.
Hear a variety of perspectives on play and have a bit of fun in the process (after all, they’d be hypocrites if they didn’t build in a bit of playtime). Confirmed speakers are:
- Juliette Yardley, Laughology
- Ruth Churchill Dower, Earlyarts
- Alexandra Long & Mike Wragg, Leeds Beckett University
- Dr Liz Wood & Dr Liz Chesworth, University of Sheffield
- Dr Pam Jarvis, Leeds Trinity University – Play, Narrative and Learning
- Centre for the Study of Childhood and Youth
- Trizia Wells, Eureka! Inclusion Manager
With increasing talk from government, policy makers and influencers on the importance of wellbeing, both for children and those working with children, they’ll reflect on the relationship between play and wellbeing from a variety of professional perspectives.
“Providing for children and young people’s play is one of the most important things we can do to improve their health and wellbeing. A body of evidence recognises playing as an essential part of every child’s development and providing opportunities for play that are available and accessible contributes to better health outcomes for children and young people.”
– Tony Jewell, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for Wales
Power to the Playful! will offer a valuable networking, learning and development opportunity for those working with children in schools, early years, play sector, and cultural settings, set around Eureka! The National Children’s Museum and hosted by our very own team of play champions. Join with us to start the rallying cry for all who believe in the power of play!
What you will take away from the day:
- How playfulness can impact on children’s wellbeing
- A wider professional perspective on how play and wellbeing connect
- Knowledge to support your role as a champion for play
- Practical ideas to implement into your setting
Book before the end of March to receive our Early Bird booking rate of just £99 plus VAT!
- Early Bird rate – valid until 31 March 2016: £99 +VAT = £118.80
- Standard Rate – valid from 1 April 2016: £125 +VAT = £150
Book your place!
Click to book your ticket NOW on EventBrite
Or if you’d like to be invoiced for the event or to pay over the phone, call us 01422 330069.
– See more at: https://www.eureka.org.uk/eureka-play-conference-2016-power-to-the-playful/#sthash.vNMKRKGt.dpuf